Multi-faceted multi-instrumentalist Nathaniel Earl Bowles is best known as a member of The Black Twig Pickers, Spiral Joy Band and Pelt (and briefly, Pigeons), for which he’s played a variety of instruments. His first foray into solo-dom is an intense and beautiful banjo record that straddles the line between avant-garde and old-time.
- A Bottle, A Buckeye CD/LP (2012, Soft Abuse)
- Polar Satellites [with Scott Verrastro] LP (2013, MIE)
- Nansemond CD/LP (2014, Paradise of Bachelors)
- Liquid Sunshine [with Lisa Cameron] CDR (2016, Kendra Steiner Editions)
- Whole & Cloven CD/LP (2016, Paradise of Bachelors)
- Plainly Mistaken CD/LP (2018, Paradise of Bachelors)
- Keys [with Bill MacKay] CD/LP (2021, Drag City)